Friday, January 11, 2008

My Most Irrational Fear

Mine is getting my hand caught in the garbage disposal.

This is one of the most terrifying sounds and mental images that I have.

Whenever I use the disposal, I pull my hands away, clench my fists, close my eyes and hope my fingers won't get chewed up.

When Dave uses the disposal, I could be in the other room and he'll shout for me to move my hands because he's going to use it and then start laughing at me. My natural instinct still forces me to clench my fist.

I have no idea what this fear stems from, but it's very real. To the point, that my heart skips a beat, I get nervous, and I think about how awful it would be to have your hand chewed off by a disposal. I know, I'm a freak.

Now that I have told you this, next time you use your disposal, you'll be very aware of where your digits are.

I'm sure I have more. But this is the one that pops into my head the most. And since I'm bored out of my mind right now doing "work work", I thought I would take a moment, switch PC's and share my craziness.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have MANY irrational fears and this is one of them! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!