Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Years Resolution(s)...The Week of Soup

So, I've put off posting this idea because I am hoping that by putting it in writing here will hold me to be accountable...and I'm not sure that I was ready until now...

This new year, 13-days in, I have thought about having a series of resolutions for each week instead of one giant one.

When I did my pregnancy blog, each week I was pregnant, babycenter.com would send me an update as to how big the baby was...a fig, a bean, a banana, etc. I would then think of that week as the "week of the bean".

For New Years, I was thinking of picking some random thing for each week and sticking to it. Examples include going to the gym everyday for 7-days. Eating salad for lunch everyday, soup for another, giving up Diet Coke for a week. Drinking 8-glasses of water a day, etc. The point of each week is to do something healthy for that week (mind, body, spirit...or whatever) and feel successful about something...and hopefully, carry some of the good habits forward.

Thank God I did not suggest that next week (tomorrow) would be the week of the gym in the morning because after going out last night for dinner and drinks with friends, I was up early to go to a bridal show...I'm exhausted...and in no condition to get up at 5:30 for the fitness center.

So, now I have to decide what week this will be...I'm not ready for Diet Coke yet. Maybe next week.

Hmmm....Since I didn't go grocery shopping today (lazy), I nominate this week will be the week of eating soup everyday for lunch. Of course a healthy variety.

List of Ideas
  1. Salad every day
  2. No Diet Coke
  3. Only 12-oz of Diet Coke
  4. No Alcohol
  5. Eight glasses of water
  6. Soup everyday
  7. Something green everyday (fruit, veggie, salad)
  8. Milk everyday (GROSS!)
  9. Gym everyday
  10. Clean for an hour everyday (this will suck!)

Any other ideas?

No comments: