Saturday, February 9, 2008

Miserable Sick Person

So, I kind of have felt a bit under the weather. I went to the gym Monday, but then on Tuesday, I just didn't feel good, so I went home. It all started with a burning in my chest and the start of a runny nose. So Tuesday and Wednesday night, I went to bed early. On Thursday, I was blowing my nose more...and I think that is so annoying to do at work. So, I made an appointment with health services for Friday. I requested Friday off since I felt like dirt.

The plan was to sleep in. But it's hard to sleep when you can't breath. My ears ached and my throat was sore....so I went to the appointment. SINUS INFECTION. I've had these before, and I was surprised that this was one. It didn't feel that way at first. She looked at my throat. RAW from the drainage (sexy, I know). Negative Strep Test, good. Negative Ear Infection, good. The ear pain was caused by the sinus pressure. For the last two nights, I've slept with an outdoor winter headband. My ears are so clear, even the regular air hurts them.

So, I got the Z-pack. Let's hope it works fast. I thought I was going to die this morning. I look pathetic. The only thing I think will make me feel better, is if I break my nose on the right side. Or scoop my right eyeball out. The problem is obviously on the right side.

I haven't been sick in almost 18-months. I mean really good and sick. When I first started taking vitamins in preparation for a baby Shafer, the colds and sinus infections stopped. This was a pefect "I told you so" for David. When we found out we were pregnant with Angela, I had to go off all of my allergy medicine, and that was the worst withdrawal experience I've ever had. (I'm allergic to my dog). I never went back on it again when I was no longer pregnant, because I didn't want to ever go through that pain again. And I was fine. My body adjusted when I was pregnant, and continued to be fine when I wasn't.

So, I don't know how this happened, but it is a doozy. This was probably one of those door handle things, or something I picked up it up from a coworker.

I just feel bad for David. He has to put up with me. He should buy stock in Kleenex.

1 comment:

Karen At Home Blog said...

I feel terrible you are so sick! It's sounds so awful!!!! I hope you are well soon, I miss your fun emails!!! Take care of yourself and get better soon!

Karen