Sunday, March 9, 2008

What a LONG WEEK

Last week seemed endless. I mostly attribute it to the weather and politics. Between the ice storm and the primaries, I was ready for the weekend on Tuesday.

I want to provide an update on Sam. His surgery was Friday. The botox injection went great, but the the second surgeon in the room decided to do a balloon dialation because the pyloric muscle was so thick (from being enflamed, etc). The ballood dialation caused a lot of problems, especially a perforation in Sam's intestine. What was supposed to be a simple laproscopic surgery, became a massive surgery. Sam will be at Rainbows for 7-10days. I talked to Gretchen today, and the poor girl is frustrated. Right now while the intestine heals, Sam can't eat, he can only have sugar water. So he is hungry! Dawn and I are going to visit them on Tuesday and spend the morning with her. The good thing is, Sam *should* heal and be a healthy little boy after all of this. What's frustrating is that if it had been properly diagnosed by the last pediatrician, all of this would have been resolved a month or so ago with a simple surgery. Let's just say, I took that ladies name down, and when the time comes for Dave and I, she will NOT be on our pediatrician list!!!

On a positive note, people never cease to amaze me. The Book Club came through and made some great contributions to bring to Gretchen and Nick. Gift Certificates for restaraunts, magazines, wine, books, and more.

Other good news this week was that a good friend of mine found a new job right around the corner from me! I'm looking forward to catching up more often over lunch.
This weekend was low key thanks to the weather. Between watching movies, DVR'd shows and sleeping late...all I accomplished was a little bit of vaccuming and cleaning some toilets. Oh, and I made it to Giant Eagle too. Dave must have snow-blowed the driveway 8-times this weekend! Poor guy.

Hopefully next week will be faster and full of better news.

Please keep Gretchen, Nick and Sam in your prayers. They need the extra strength.

No comments: