Friday, March 28, 2008

Celebrating 30-Years Today!

I love birthday's. Especially the milestones. Two years ago, it was my "Golden Birthday" when I turned 28 on March 28th. That was a milestone. This year, I am 30.

It's a little discouraging how many people are downers about birthdays. I mean really. If I wasn't having a birthday, it would mean I was dead, right? I'll take having a birthday, thank you very much.

The comments about birthday's just crack me up.
  • It's all downhill after 30.
  • Everything slows down, especially your metabolism
  • Your body starts to ache, you start to feel the pains.
  • A few others I received were...Come talk to me when you're 40 and we'll see how excited you are about birthdays then

Jeez Louise People.... It's a birthday, not a death march.

Turning 30 is great. I mean 30! I've done a lot of great things in 30-years. I hope that when I'm celebrating my 60th birthday, I'm amazed by all the more achievements and challenges that have kept me going. But I don't want to age myself too soon. I want to enjoy the years a head.

30 is a welcome change from 29. Some people like to joke that they are 29 forever. That would be my worst nightmare. 29 was not an easy year for me. And while there were lots of wonderful memories, some of the tough ones sting. I won't need to be reminded of my 29th year. It will be with me forever.

So please, when someone reaches a milestone birthday that isn't 13, 16, 18, or 21...don't be a downer. No one wants to hear that. Birthdays should be celebrated.

It's the time between the dash, right?

2 comments:

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Happy late birthday! I was so happy to be 30. The 20s just seemed like a blur. It meant that I was finally past the decade of so much change. I felt that stability was ahead after 30.

Sarah said...

First, I must say you are a woman of my own heart. A birthday is the day that life was granted to you. Live, love, & laugh as much as possible, because you are correct the dash is what counts!!!

Steff...Goodmanson's school buddy...