Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer is FLYING!

Wow. This summer has just been flying. I can not believe for the life of me that tomorrow is July 1st. That is just out of control. We've had jam packed weekends full of fun family stuff, or being busy around the house.

Dave has been busting his butt like you wouldn't believe. In the last few weeks, he sanded and re-stained the bay window sitting area. He of course put the shiny finish stuff on it too. Then put up a new front door, a new storm door to go with the front door, painted the door, put up new blinds for the front door, and yesterday he painted the nursery. In addition to what he has already painted, he will be painting our bedroom, the hallways and the dining room (I think) in the next couple of weeks.

Before painting the nursery, we had to clear that spare room out. Let me tell you, that was not an easy task! Before we could move the furniture OUT, he had to help his parents shuffle furniture around so they could accommodate our spare set. This was not an easy feat. This also required us to empty the drawers. Let me just tell you, I have a ZILLION clothes. I seriously don't know where they come from because I don't feel like I've bought that many clothes in the last few years. I'm constantly giving them to my nieces or the Salvation Army. Last year when I was pregnant, I gave an abundance to Tasha...But they multiply! Now, Dave and I are sharing a single bedroom set in our bedroom. Plus, I have a closet & drawers upstairs, and a closet in the basement. Poor Dave. Of course, these are all "skinny" clothes. You know the ones, the size 4's I might not be seeing for a while. UGH.

In addition to that we had a garage sale that we did pretty well at! But, that took a lot of time to set-up/tear down. However, I think it was WELL worth it! I'm hoping someone else we know (hint hint) has one...so we can put our stuff in with theirs. I did drop a lot off at the Salvation Army...just so it didn't make it's way back into my house. But, we still have a few items that are priced and ready to go.

We registered for the baby stuff. Ordered the baby bedding. My dad has brought over two of our four bedroom pieces. I've cleaned those up, although Lori has warned me, the best is still yet to come....THE CRUSTY CRIB. And by CRUSTY...it means I'll have to whip out a toothbrush and clean the spindles really well. The bedroom set is AWESOME. And once the room is done, I'll post some pictures.

So there you have it. Our boring YET busy life right now. I'm not thinking it's going to slow down anytime soon. We have this list that doesn't seem to end. We're enjoying it all though. OK, at least I am. Dave's doing all of the hard labor, I'm just a cheerleader :)

No comments: