Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More OI Info

Lori called tonight to tell me about an article that she saw on her CNN local section, that happened to be on Cleveland.com. The article was about a family from Bay Village (where I'm from) that battled OI. Unfortunately, they have a genetic history.

Here is the link: http://blog.cleveland.com/health/2008/04/family_adjusts_to_life_with_ra.html

I just can't believe how much OI has been on my mind lately, and then to be made aware of all of this new information/articles is crazy.

He has a blog (he needs to update) and a foundation called "Special Bones Foundation". I've added both links to my blog and website favorites. I let him know that I would be interested in helping him with any events he helps put together. Something close to home that I can actually contribute to. The oif.org site has events too, but they're never local.

Read his story, it's very interesting, unfortunate, but insightful.

Who knew my blog could be so educational!?

No comments: